Classic Banana Bread
Because who doesn’t enjoy the simplicity that is a piece of traditional banana bread? A home favourite, this delightful treat is sure to sweeten your day.
- ½ cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (I used overripe black ones from the freezer)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts plus more for garnishing (optional but highly recommended)
- coarse cane sugar to sprinkle on top! (also optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and agave nectar.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder,salt, and nuts.
- Combine the dry mixture into the wet.
- Transfer batter to a greased dough pan, garnish top with more walnuts and sprinkle with coarse cane sugar.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe Yields: 1 Loaf – 12 Servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Slice Banana Bread = (2 Starch + 1 fruit + 2 Fat with the walnuts) or (2 Starch + 1 Fruit without the walnuts)