C O L L A G E N – the major insoluble fibrous protein in our connective tissue providing structure to our body ~ Including our bones, skin, tendons and ligaments. (Warning: The Greek nerd in me is now going to come out.)”Colla” literally means glue in Greek, very fitting as essentially collagen is the glue that holds it all together in our bodies. Unfortunately, after the age of 25 we can start to say goodbye to collagen as we start to lose 1% every year.
So what does that mean?
•Dry brittle nails
•A loss in skins elasticity
•Shrinking, weakened muscles
•Less flexibility in our tendons and ligaments
What can you do?
Start by helping boost collagen production NATURALLY from within:
- load up on organic bone broth (make your own or buy some from our friends over @high_vibehealth )
- eat plenty of protein-rich foods like beef chicken, fish, beans, eggs, dairy products etc.
- include foods high in vitamin C like oranges, lemons, limes, strawberries + red peppers that help certain amino acids in our body to convert to collagen.
- load up on dark leafy greens like kale and spinach
- load up on foods high in antioxidants like watermelon, beets & tomatoes .
- exfoliate your skin
- and lastly add a collagen supplement. (Not mandatory but can definitely help.)
Are you concerned about collagen loss? Do you take any products to help fight against the reduction of collagen in your body? How is your dietary intake? .
I know that many may think that creams/lotions can help with collagen and skins elasticity, but the truth is they won’t help as much as nourishing your body from within. Trust me, your “outer glow” always comes from the inside out.