Greek food is the b e s t food, well…I may be a little biased.
I mean, being Greek and all I did grow up eating plenty of traditional Greek dishes. This by far was always my favourite. Here’s my super easy recipe for…
Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- 6 – Frozen Chicken Breasts (4-6oz each )
- 3 cups baby potatoes (rinsed and sliced in half)
- 4 tbsps avocado oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place six frozen chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking pan. (I always use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe as the chicken remains moist. Whenever I’ve used thawed chicken for this recipe the chicken is too dry and the potatoes aren’t as crisp.)
- Lightly coat each chicken breast with half of the avocado oil (avocado oil spray works well too). Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, oregano, and paprika.
- Rinse and half all the baby potatoes. Add them to a medium sized bowl and add the other half of the avocado oil. Season with garlic powder, salt, oregano, and paprika. Toss in bowl coating them well.
- Add the potatoes to the foil-lined tray alongside the chicken breasts
- Bake uncovered for 45min-1hr or until internal juices run clear. You can also pierce the thickest part of the chicken with an thermometer and know they’re done when it reads a temperature of 170F
- Serve with your favourite side of vegetables making sure to add fresh squeezed lemon juice just before serving!
Recipe Yields: 6 Servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 serving = 4-6 proteins + 1 fat + 1 starch + 2 veggies