Meatless Monday never tasted this good!
Here’s my super easy recipe for Sweet and Sour Tofu Stir-fry. Yes, I used a jar of sauce, but guess what, it’s completely OK! Lets be real friends, we’re not always going to make everything from scratch. If you have the time to that’s wonderful, but I know I don’t and I’m just being realistic. There’s what I call moderation, and the 80/20 rule. Yes, there are sugars, and sodium in sauces that come in jars, but sometimes you can allow yourself the food freedom and convenience to enjoy a jar of sauce.
Easy Sweet and Sour Tofu Stir-Fry
- 2 Pkgs extra firm tofu
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large orange pepper
- 1 small broccoli bunch
- 1 jar sweet and sour sauce (Have time to make your own? I like this easy recipe from “The Daring Gourmet”)
- 175 ml water
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Firstly, prep all veggies and tofu:
- Remove the tofu from the packaging, drain liquid, and press between paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Slice the tofu into medium-sized cubes.
- Thoroughly wash and prep vegetables. Slice the peppers (julienne coarsely), finely chop the yellow onion, and remove the broccoli florets from the stem Tip: I keep the broccoli stems and store them in the freezer and use them when I make broccoli soup!
- Heat the avocado oil on high in a large skillet/frying pan.
- Saute the onions until clear and add the tofu moving it around browning on all sides. Add the garlic powder and dried oregano.
- Add in the remaining vegetables and stir.
- Reduce to medium heat. Add the entire jar of sweet and sour sauce. Fill the empty jar about halfway with water (175ml), place the lid back on and shake well. Pour it all out over the vegetables.
- Stir well and simmer on low for about 10 minutes and serve.
- Serve with rice or quinoa.
Recipe Yields: 8 Servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Serving = 3 Protein + 1 Starch + 2 Veggies