These muffins are moist, delicious and perfectly spiced!
A delicious recipe that was shared by a friend that I happened to adjust a little so as to thin out the batter and added some chopped walnuts. They turned out absolutely perfect!
Apple Coconut Walnut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups white unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 apple shredded with skin (I took the last little bit that I couldn’t shred and cut it into small pieces placing them on top of the muffins just before baking along with a little bit of coconut and chopped walnuts.)
- 1/2 cup milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then stir in the coconut and apple and walnuts.
- Place 1/4 cup into each lined muffin cup and sprinkle with additional coconut, apple & walnuts.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins or until toothpick inserted comes clean.