Hearty and Healthy!
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- ½ cup coconut manna
- 1 cup sucanat
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds + 6 tbsp water (makes a jelly)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups oats
- ½ cup ground flax
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the Chia seeds and water in a small bowl and leave on the counter to form a jelly. About 15-20 min (You can pre-make this mixture and have it ready in the fridge.)
- In a medium bowl, mix all wet ingredients. Stir in the frozen berries.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add to the wet mixture and mix well until dough-like consistency.
- Form into 2 large loafs on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in preheated oven. Loafs are ready when golden in colour and toothpick comes out clean.
- Once removed from oven, let cool for 15 minutes. Slice carefully and slowly as to keep loaf from crumbling.
Recipe Yields: 2 Blueberry Oat Loafs. Each loaf yields 10 Slices.
PureSense Health Clients:
1 Blueberry Oat Loaf Slice (about 1 inch thick) =
2 Starch + 1 Free
or 1 Starch + 1 Fruit + 1 Fat