What a treat for breakfast!
Carrot Cake Waffles
- 2 cups Ancient Grain (Gluten Free Pancake & Waffle Mix) or Organic Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour.
- 2 cups unsweetened Almond Milk (or skim milk)
- 2 large Eggs or Chia Seed Substitute (see below)
- 1 cup Shredded Carrot
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 10 Drops Liquid Stevia (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients together. Stir into dry ingredients until combined.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. (I like using my spray bottle with avocado oil to avoid chemicals.) Pour mixture onto hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
For the Creamy Carrot Cake Frosting: In a small pot on the stove top combine the following ingredients and pour desired amount over your waffles. Don’t forget to sprinkle on some raisins and walnuts! 🙂
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup icing sugar
Not interested in the frosting? No worries, simply top your waffles with a little heated coconut manna or good old maple syrup.
Recipe Yields: 8 Delicious Carrot Cake Waffles
NOTE: To replace the eggs in this recipe use a chia seed gel mixture.
To replace 1 EGG: 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp water. (Wait 10-15 minutes until the mixture turns into a thick gel.) Note: Don’t forget to double it up for this recipe as it contains two eggs. 😉
PureSense Health Clients
- 1 Waffle (without syrup) = 2 Starch + 2 Fat
- 1 Tbsp of Creamy Carrot Cake Frosting or Maple Syrup = add 1 Starch or 2 Fat