Chia Berry Jam
There are a couple ways I make this healthy, high fibre, low sugar jam/jelly alternative. Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love regular jams and jelly’s but if I can avoid all that added sugar with a healthier alternative loaded with nutrients, healthy fats and bursting with flavour, I will.
Here’s the first way I make this healthy Chia Jam:
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Take 2 cups of frozen berries and heat up in either the microwave or stove top until soft and watery.
- Mash up well with a fork. (My children hate “chunks” so I take it one step further and I blend it well with a hand mixer)
- Mix in 1/2 cup chia seeds and allow to cool. (You can add a tbsp of honey for sweetness but I find it’s already sweet enough as is.)
- That’s it! You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. (Trust me, it won’t even last that long.)
Here’s the other way I sometimes make it:
- Take one small 111g pkg of Mott’s Organics Fruitsations – Unsweetened Fruit cup and then simply add 1 tbsp chia seeds and mix. (Use any fruit cup flavor of your choice.)
- Put the chia mixture into a sealed tupperware container or a glass jar, and leave in the fridge over night. The chia seeds will expand creating a smooth jelly like texture.
Super easy, super healthy and next to no clean-up! The kids love it made either way but prefer my first way as there’s way more flavour. They enjoy it on toast with butter or even on it’s own as a chia fruit pudding!
Tip: You can sweeten either one with honey, stevia, or just leave it plain!
PureSense Health Clients: 1 tbsp Chia Jam = 1 Fat