Sometimes we think making dishes with cream sauces can be either too difficult or too unhealthy. I disagree, you can enjoy delicious creamy meals that are easy to make and still stay on track with eating right! Here’s my go-to recipe….
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6oz each)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cups chopped vegetables (I used broccoli florets and sliced carrots)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked pasta of your choice (I used spaghetti for this recipe.)
Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour (gasp!! yes, I use it too.) 😉
- 2 cups skim milk
- a dash of garlic powder and Himalayan pink salt
- Wash and cut all your vegetables and set them aside. Rinse and cube your chicken and sprinkle evenly on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add your minced garlic and your onions and sauté for a couple minutes until onions are soft. Next, add the chicken to the pan stirring occasionally and cook until golden brown and done.
- Add your vegetables and the broth to the pan and cook until vegetables are al dente. Once done remove from heat and set aside.
Directions for Cream Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, stirring for a couple minutes.
- Add the flour one tbsp at a time stirring continuously until well combined.
- Slowly pour in milk continuing to stir as the cream sauce thickens. Once done remove from heat and stir in garlic powder and salt to taste. If you’d like the cream sauce a little thinner, just add a little more milk. (Makes about 2.5 cups of cream sauce.)
That’s it! Super-simple right? I divide the meal with the pasta into 4 servings and everyone adds their own cream sauce and fresh ground black pepper.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! xo
Recipe Yields: 4 Servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Serving of Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with 1 cup cooked spaghetti and 1/3 cup cream sauce = 6 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 2 Starch, 3 fats. (Only 2 fats if you use 1/4 cup cream sauce.)