Fall is definitely in the air and I’m cozying up with a cup of this healthy and nourishing Red Lentil Soup!
- 4 cups dry red lentils
- 2 celery stalks (roughly 1.5 cups chopped)
- 1-2 large carrots (roughtly 1.5 cups diced)
- 1 large yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp himalayan pink salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 can 398ml coconut milk
- 946 ml Vegetable Broth
- 1 L of water (or more depending on desired consistency)
- Rinse your lentils well under warm running water and set aside. Wash and prep all vegetables.
- Heat 2 tbsp avocado oil in a large pot adding the onion and garlic. Saute until caramelized and tender. Add in the carrots and celery, the remaining avocado oil and continue to saute until soft.
- Once soft, add in the red lentils, oregano, the vegetable broth, water and coconut milk. Stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup with a hand held blender. (Make sure you don’t burn yourself!) Puree well for that velvety smooth consistency.
Recipe Yeilds: 1 Pot of Soup 5.5Q
PureSense Health Clients: ½ cup Lentil Soup = 2 Protein