Delicious Homemade Waffles
- 4 cups all purpose flour (you can use barley, spelt, whole grain flour, gluten free or any other flour option of your choice)
- 4 cups skim milk or (silk dairy-free almond milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar (Here’s why I love it so much!)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and whisk.
- In another large bowl mash the 3 bananas well, and whisk in the eggs one at a time. Add sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, slowly adding the milk to the batter.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook at medium heat until ready!
These waffles are delicious topped with fresh berries and as always, a little syrup!
Note: This recipe makes A LOT of waffles, great for freezing and throwing into the toaster for a quick and easy breakfast on the go. We personally keep them in the fridge in a ziploc bag. Trust me, they’ll be gone before before you know it!
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Waffle = 2 Starch
Recipe Yields 18 Waffles