A simple, yet flavourful family meal.
- 4-6 salmon filets, skin removed (about 2 lbs total)
- ½ small white onion thinly sliced.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- 2 lemons (thinly slice the one)
- fresh ground black pepper
- a pinch or two of sea salt and dried oregano.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Place salmon on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil and garlic and generously brush each salmon filet with mixture.
- Spoon the juice from one lemon evenly onto each filet.
- Slice the onion and second lemon. Sprinkle the onion slices all over the filets and arrange 2 slices of lemon on top of each filet.
- Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and oregano evenly over all the filets. (No much is needed, just a couple pinches of each.)
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through. (Don’t overcook or it will end up dry.)
- Serve and enjoy immediately after removing it from the oven.
Tip – Veggies are always delicious with salmon! Simply add broccoli florets, brussel sprouts, zucchini or asparagus to your baking sheet and season the same as the salmon . (You may need a little more olive oil and another lemon!)
PureSense Health Clients: 6oz salmon = 6 Protein