Energizing Flax & Chia Almond Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp flax seed
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk (I used Silk unsweetened Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- dash of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Extra almond slices for sprinkling
- Raw golden sugar for sprinkling
- Prepare muffin pan by lining with muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 350′ F
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg,and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with the almond milk, flax seed, and chia seeds, and mix until well combined.
- Fold in almonds and raisins.
- Distribute evenly into 20-22 muffin tins, and sprinkle extra almonds and golden raw sugar.
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes until tops are slightly brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
Recipe makes 12 delicious muffins.
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Muffin = 1 Fruit + 1 Starch + 2 Fats