This creamy chicken stew is hearty, healthy and perfect for those chilly evenings.
Simply throw it all into the crock-pot, head to work and when you return home, you’ll be greeted with the comforting aroma of dinner as soon as you walk through those doors.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups potatoes, washed and cubed with skin on.
- 1/2 cup rinsed wild rice
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1.5 cups peeled & chopped carrots
- 1.5 cups chopped celery
- 2 L Organic low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup flour
- 3.5 cups milk
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Mix 1-2 cups water with 1 cup flour and whisk together until completely dissolved and becomes a slurry, set aside.
- Wash, rinse, chop and prep all your vegetables and dill.
- In a large crock-pot place the cubed potatoes at the bottom and add the three chicken breasts on top.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including all seasonings.
- Stir in your slurry that you made at the beginning. Mix all ingredients well.
- Put the lid on and turn on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- When soup is done check for consistency, you can always add a little more stock if it’s too thick.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Take two forks and remove the three chicken breasts and shred them in a large mixing bowl. Add the shredded chicken back into the soup along with your corn and peas for another 15 minutes, serve and enjoy!
PureSense Health Clients: 1 cup Stew = 1 Starch + 2 Protein + 1 Fat