Great for breakfast, a snack between meals or even as dessert!
The kids came home super hungry today (must of burned a lot of energy!) and instead of letting them just grab a fruit or giving them some cheese with crackers, I took the time to make them a little treat.
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Hemp Granola or 1/3 cup All Bran Buds.
- 1/2 cup Liberte 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 small Banana
- 1/2 cup organic sliced Strawberries and Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Raw Organic Honey
Thoroughly wash your strawberries and blueberries. Slice your strawberries and the banana and simply layer your ingredients however you like in a tall fluted glass. That’s it! Now go ahead and
shovel…ahem, I mean, slowly enjoy your parfait! 😉
Why is this a good-for-you parfait?
- Fruit provide our bodies with essential vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Plain Greek yogurt has no sugar, starches or fillers and gives you a huge protein boost!
- Hemp hearts are a complete protein, reduce inflammation, reduce PMS symptoms, lower blood pressure, are rich in vitamin E and naturally increase your energy levels!
- Chia seeds are high in fibre, they naturally keep your body hydrated, boost energy, control blood sugar, lower cholesterol, curb cravings, are a source of protein and rich in omega-3!
- Raw organic honey contains large amounts of friendly bacteria, is antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial. Great for a sore throat, soothing a cough or simply to naturally sweeten things up!
Recipe Yields: 2 Parfaits
PureSense Health Clients:
1 Parfait = 1 Starch + 1 Fruit + 1 Fat + 1/2 Dairy