You won’t feel guilty eating these!
KALE CHIPS? Yes, you actually can make chips with Kale!
Some of you may already be familiar with this amazingly nutritious and crunchy snack. For those of you who aren’t, here’s it is! Kale chips are an awesome way to satisfy your late night cravings for something salty and crunchy without undermining your diet. Most of us have reached for a handful of chips while catching up on our favourite shows, and before we know it we’ve finished the bag! Don’t deny it; I know I’m right because I’ve done it too! The worst part is when we’ve realized this, we resort to stating the fact that the bag was half air. How horrible! So rather than feeling crazy bloated and crazy guilty eating chips, satisfy your cravings with this delicious Kale chip recipe and stick to your healthy eating habits.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One bundle of fresh crisp kale.
- Sea Salt.
- Avocado Oil.
- Cooking Spray Bottle.
- Non-stick baking sheet.
- Wash kale thoroughly and with a knife remove leaves from the stem. (Note: you don’t have to remove the whole stem if you don’t want too. I personally just remove the stem at the bottom.)
- Tear/cut into bite size pieces and dry kale in a salad spinner. Let sit for about 30 minutes to ensure they’re completely dry. (Tip: I have found that the kale tends to burn in the oven if it’s not completely dry.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lay each piece of kale side by side on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Spray kale lightly and evenly with Avocado oil. (Tip: You can drizzle the oil if you don’t have a spray bottle but I highly recommend using a spray bottle for even distribution of the oil and extra crispy chips. Happy cooker carries them and this small purchase will be your new found love. It’s a lot healthier than using Pam cooking spray and you’re in control of the oil you use. I prefer Avocado oil when cooking as it has a high burning point, is omega rich and adds a great flavor to my food, especially these Kale chips!)
- Sprinkle with sea salt. (Feel free to go crazy and add some garlic powder or even oregano as well!)
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes. (Until the edges brown but are not burnt.)
How do you like your Kale chips?
PureSense Health Clients:
One serving Kale Chips (1 cup) = 1 Vegetable