A family favourite…
You really are going to love this recipe, it’s not only super easy but you get 5-8 hours to relax! Ok, or maybe head off to work, either way you will come home to a wonderful dinner that is full of vitamin A, C, E, is high in iron and loaded with fibre. Trust me, the whole family will love it!
Note: I must mention that this recipe makes quite a large batch of lentil soup. I have a large Crockpot (8.5qt.), so if yours is a bit smaller I suggest halving the recipe. Enjoy!
- 4 cups dry Green Lentils
- 10 cups Water
- 3 cups canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Celery Stalk (finely chopped)
- 1 Large Carrot (diced)
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- Himalayan Pink Salt -to taste (I add about 1 1/2 tsp in the whole soup)
- 1 tsp Oregano
1. Rinse your lentils well under warm running water.
2. Add your lentils to a large crock pot and add your water.
3. Take all other ingredients, except the salt and vinegar and add them to the crock pot. You will add both the salt and vinegar to taste at the end just before serving the soup. As well, I like to add the baking soda to the soup to help speed up the softening of the lentils and create a more creamy texture sooner than 8 hours, however it’s completely optional and I promise the soup will taste just as good without it. 🙂
4. Now put on the lid, turn on high and just leave it! 🙂 (about 5 hours or so on high is all it needs, 8 hours for a creamier texture.)
Super easy right?
Note: Remember to remove the bay leaves just before serving, and add your salt/vinegar to taste. Everyone enjoys a different amount in our family so I add the salt to the entire soup but leave the vinegar on the table for everyone to add as much as they like, it’s usually a tsp or so for each bowl. Trust me, it’s a-mazing!
PureSense Health Clients:
½ cup Lentil Soup = 2 Protein