No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Oat Bars
- 1 ¼ cup 70% dark chocolate chips, dairy free
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup rice krispies (optional – if you don’t add them, simply add and additional 1/2 cup shredded coconut)
- Place a long piece of parchment paper into a 9×9 inch pan, so as to help you remove the bars at the end.
- Melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 20 second intervals, making sure to stir in between to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Add the peanut butter and honey, combine.
- Fold in remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into the pan with parchment and pat down.
- Freeze for 20 minutes or until hard.
- Remove from freezer, let sit on the counter for 5 minutes and then lift out of pan holding the parchment paper.
- Slice into 24 equal bars. (Store in a tightly sealed Tupperware container in refrigerator.)
Recipe Yields 24 bars
PureSense Health Clients: 1 bar = 1 starch + 2 fats