Whether it’s first thing in the morning, your usual mid-morning coffee break, after a workout, or mid-afternoon, we all long for that energy boost at some point during the day; so why not go for something with substance and that’s nutrient dense!
Nutty Apricot Protein Squares
- 2 cups raw almond meal/flour (I use the almond meal left over from the homemade almond milk that I make. You could also finely grind your own almonds or use almond meal/flour from the store.)
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 10 dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- Pulse all ingredients except the peanuts and cacao nibs in food processor until well blended.
- Add the peanuts and cacao nibs and pulse until broken down a bit but still chunky. (These bars should have some crunch.)
- Place all ingredients in a 9x9in. brownie pan and place in freezer until hard.
- Cut into 16 squares and store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in freezer for much longer.
Recipe Yields: 16 Nutty Apricot Protein Squares
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Nutty Apricot Protein Square = 3 Fats + 1 fruit or 3 Protein + 1 Fruit