Mmmm… you can’t go wrong with peanut butter cookies!
• 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached all purpose flour
• ½ cup wheat germ
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• ¾ tsp sea salt (fine grain)
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 3-4tbsp of water
• 1 1/4 cups all natural chunky peanut butter
- Preheated to 350F.
- Mix the wet ingredients first really well, then in a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until dough forms.
- Once dough has formed, put the mixture in the fridge for 15 min-20min. Remove from fridge and roll dough into little 1-2inch balls. Place them on a non stick baking sheet and push with your thumb a little to flatten them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until bottom is golden brown only 10-12 minutes.
Health Tip: This super simple recipe includes wheat germ! Wheat germ is the healthiest part of the wheat kernel and is usually removed during wheat processing to prevent rancidity. This tiny little golden flake packs quite the nutritional punch! Wheat germ contains high levels of protein, vitamin E, calcium, folic acid, phosphorous, thiamin, your b vitamins, zinc and magnesium. Once opened store in your fridge as it doesn’t have a long shelf life. You can find wheat germ at any grocery or health food store. Enjoy!
Recipe Yields: 18 Cookies
Enjoy! Hope they’re as big of a hit in your home as they were in mine! 🙂
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Cookie = 1 Starch = 2 Fats