Pumpkin spice tarts; a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving!
Mini Pumpkin Spice Tarts
- 1 large can 796ml organic pumpkin (BPA Free)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can 300ml low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 packs of 12 ready-made mini tarts (or only 2 packs if you’re saving some of the pumpkin mixture for waffles or pancakes.)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Prebake ready made tarts in the oven according to instructions. (Make sure they’re golden brown before adding pumpkin mixture.)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the filling mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of the pumpkin mixture into the tarts (make sure they’re nice and full) re-baking them for an additional 15-20 minutes.
(You can also save 2 cups of the mixture and only fill 24 mini tarts. Adding the remaining mixture with and additional ½ tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 tsp ground ginger to your traditional pancake recipe for simple & delicious pumpkin spice pancakes!)
Have some time and want to make your own super-easy tart crust? Here are two of my favourite recipes:
- I like to follow this traditional recipe here on Chowhound!
- And for a more raw, vegan and gluten free pie crust I use this recipe from Leites Culinaria.
Recipe Yields: 36 Pumpkin Spice Tarts
PureSense Health Clients:
- 1 Pumpkin Spice Tart = 2 Starch + 1 Fat