Skip ropes, not breakfast!
When we skip breakfast it’s usually because we’re running late and have to rush out the door. Well, with these protein packed muffins there shall be no more excuses! Make them in advance and when you are in a rush, simply heat one up and off you go! I got this recipe from a friend a while back and these are definitely our go-to savory breakfast muffins! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do. 🙂
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced back bacon (I used 3 slices of Natural Selections -Turkey Back Bacon Style)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Liberally spay a muffin tin with a non-stick spray. (I use avocado oil in my spray pump.) 😉
- Spoon in mixture making sure to divide evenly.
- Bake for only 15-20 minutes or until the cups are golden brown.
Note: Allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the tin.
Recipe yields: 12 Quinoa Breakfast Muffins
PureSense Health Clients: 1 Muffin = 2 Protein & 1 Fat