Included amongst the most nutritious foods on the planet chia seeds are a definite add-in to any diet.
Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, high in fibre, iron, calcium, magnesium, omega 3’s and protein. You can enjoy chia seeds with almost anything, you can add them to your shake, yogurt, morning oats or even make a pudding parfait like this one.
Here’s how to make the vanilla chia seed pudding, or click here for my Raspberry Chocolate Chia Dream!
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (30 calories)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp 100% all natural maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a sealed container in the fridge overnight. The chia seeds will expand absorbing the liquid making a thick creamy pudding-like texture.
- Re-stir the next day prior to serving. You may also add a little more almond milk if you find the consistency is too thick.
You can enjoy this heart-healthy vanilla chia pudding on its own but it’s so much better with fruit and energy-boosting toppings! Some of my favourite toppings are cacao nibs with banana slices and shredded coconut, cubed mango topped with walnuts or any mixed seasonal fruit topped with toasted almond slivers. Sometimes I even make it with silk coconut milk and enjoy it over peach slices and coconut cream Delicious! 🙂
Did you know that the chia jelly made from mixing 1 tbsp. of chia seeds with 2 tbsp. water (let it sit for 20 minutes) is a healthy egg replacement for almost any recipe? 🙂
PureSense Health Clients: 1/2 cup chia pudding = 3 Protein or 3 fat