A perfect cup of soup for a cold day. It’s super-simple, hearty and oh-so-good for you!
Here are the ingredients:
- 6 cups cooked white kidney beans (about 4 cans of BPA free beans, or one pound of dry)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 1 can (156ml) organic tomato paste
- 3 L water
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt (more to taste if needed individually once served)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- You’ll want to soak your beans before making this soup. I soak my beans overnight with 1 tbsp of baking soda and water. Dry beans are best soaked fully covered with water and in a large enough bowl to allow for the beans to expand.
- Want to cook them in a crock pot? Click here for tips on cooking dried kidney beans in a crock pot.
- Drain the soaked beans and rinse, pick out any shriveled or unappealing beans.
- Take a large pot and heat avocado oil and add all veggies. Sweat veggies until soft and add all spices and stir. (except salt)
- Transfer the (rinsed) beans and water to the pot. Add the tomato paste to the soup mixing well.
- Bring soup to a boil and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and let the soup simmer for about 1 hour or until beans are cooked thoroughly. If you used canned then simmer for about 30-40 minutes. Once the beans have cooked you can add your salt. (Did you know: Adding salt too early when cooking beans can keep them from becoming tender.)
PureSense Health Clients: 1 cup of soup = 3 protein + 1 Fat