Mediterranean Vegan Pasta Salad
- 2 cups ‘dry pasta of your choice cooked al dente (Note: Hearty pasta shapes are the best for pasta salads. Think bow tie, penne, fusilli or rotini.)
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can black beans (398ml can/rinsed and drained)
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 cups cucumber slices
- 1 can lentils (540ml can/rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with garlic, halved
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- dash of garlic powder (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. (roughly 6 to 10 minutes – always check the package for recommended cook time) Drain and rinse well under cold water.
2. Rinse and drain the beans and lentils.
3. Wash and prep all the vegetables, and halve the green olives.
4. In a large salad bowl add all of your ingredients including the seasonings, oil, and vinegar.
5. Toss until salad is fully coated and serve.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
PureSense Health Clients: 1 serving = 2 starch + 4 protein + 2 Fat + 2 Veg