Headed to a BBQ? Why not bring this classic Lentil Salsa? Perfect when paired with Tostito Scoops or in this case I used these thin toasted baguettes. This recipe was shared with me by a past colleague and really is the star of the show at every gathering!
- 1 can of brown/ green lentils, drained and rinsed (425g) Green Lentils (BPA free)
- 1 large red pepper, seeds and diced as small as possible
- 2 bunches (approximately 2 cups) green onion, sliced as thin as possible
- 1 cup dried currants
- zest of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup vinegar (red or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp curry
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
Mix all ingredients together and let stand covered for at least an hour in the fridge.
Recipe Yields: 1 bowl of Lentil Salsa
PureSense Health Clients: 1 tbsp = 1 Fat + 1 Protein