Avocados help to reduce cholesterol levels, contribute to our overall health, nourish our hair, skin and nails, sustain energy and help keep us feeling full.
Need a few more reasons to incorporate more avocados into your life:
- They’re an excellent source of glutathione. An antioxidant that aids in the prevention of cancer.
- They’re high in many different vitamins and minerals. A few of these include, vitamin C, vitamin E, your B vitamins, folic acid, magnesium and iron.
- Avocados contain high levels of folate which lowers your risk of stroke and heart disease.
- They’re extremely high in fibre. There’s a whopping 10g of fibre in one avocado!
- Full of healthy monounsaturated fat which contains oleic acid known to help prevent breast cancer.
- Great natural detoxification of the body as they’ll help restore our liver cells.
- Great to include as a snack after a run as they’re higher in potassium than bananas.
- They lower LDL levels (bad cholesterol) and help increase HDL levels (good cholesterol).
- The “good” fats in avocados help your body absorb vitamin A.
- And finally, avocados help boost metabolism and maintain satiety.
Want some ideas on how to add more avocado into your life? Go ahead and add a couple slices of avocado into a sandwich, cube them and add them to your salad, make a healthy Chocolate Mousse, or better yet try my Cold Cucumber & Avocado Dill Soup.