March is nutrition month! Make it your mission to make small changes to your daily routine one step at a time!
Small changes like the following can make a big impact over time for your overall health and happiness.
- Sneak out for a brisk walk on your lunch break.
- Use avocado slices instead of mayo in your sandwiches.
- Don’t just send your kiddos outside to play; go play with them!
- Include more fruits and vegetables with each meal.
- Take some time to read a book and relax.
- De-stress your life.
- Drink one less cup of coffee a day.
- Take a nap.
- Enjoy more water by infusing it with orange slices or cucumber slices.
- Start working out with a friend!
- Go to sleep earlier.
- Silence your phone at night.
- Enjoy smaller, more frequent meals.
- Eat less red meat.
- Enjoy more vegetarian proteins such as nuts, seeds, beans and lentils.
- Start eating a balance breakfast.
- Stop frying your food and start grilling or roasting.
- Take your time when eating and enjoy every bite.
- Stop eating when your body tells you you’re full.
- Switch from drinking pop (regular or diet) to carbonated lemon water.
Incorporate healthy lifestyle changes into your daily routine and see how each day, with each step you take, you’ll find yourself unfolding into a healthier and happier you!